The concert, well, was fucking amazing in my very biased opinion. The Naked and Famous was good. Freelance Whales was adorable. And Foals just killed it. Yannis was just jumping on everything, climbing up the balconies, throwing random stuff at us, and crowd-surfing whenever he got the chance. The audience was wild; everyone was just dancing and jumping and pushing and shoving each other and no one gave a fuck. It was just you and the music and nothing else. It wasn't just a show, it was a feeling. I'm still reliving every single moment of the show in my head.
The ride back home was great too. Some middle-aged man with a nose and lip piercing on BART started hitting on me. I didn't want to be a presumptuous bitch and ignore him so I had a conversation with him. Honestly if there's one valuable thing I've learned in Berkeley, it's that you should never judge people by their covers. And you know what, he didn't turn out to be so bad. I wasn't attracted to him but there was something about him that just seemed genuine and harmless. He did end up asking for my name and number and though I was rather uncomfortable and gave him false information in return (kinda hypocritical, I know, I do feel bad), I still enjoyed the encounter.
Friday was a hike up to the Big C. Saturday was Cal Day (with The Dodos playing at Memorial Glade) where tabling and flyering was made easy with the flood of incoming freshmen and their families who have not learned how to reject you yet.
Then Sunday was Holi. Holy moly it was SO AWESOME! It was basically a gigantic wet orgy of colors. Everyone was just covered in layers of pinkish-brown gunk and you could barely recognize anybody. But once again, no one gave a fuck and just danced like there's no tomorrow.
Honestly words cannot even capture the euphoria I've been experiencing these past few days. I would never trade anything in for this feeling. I am so happy and fortunate to be able to live this.
No comments:
Post a Comment